What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Week #3 In Review

Pounds Lost: 8.7
Miles Walked: 20 (10 in the HEAT!)
Miles Biked: 3
Amount Raised for the Buffaloe Scholarship: $204.80 ($440 total)

Outdoors exercise seems to induce the biggest losses - I'm a little flabbergasted at this morning's weigh-in, but I'll take it. It's nice to see that a limited indulgence like yesterday's McDonald's lunch doesn't derail my effort. And my glucose has been under 130 every day since Tuesday. I can do better on that (it's usually in the 120s), but it's a great level to reach.

I also managed no chocolate last week, despite watching people eat delicious chocolatey desserts. I've taken a mini-break from that today (so far a dark chocolate cherry granola bar and some sample chocolate bits at HEB), and am rewarding myself with 2 frosted chocolate Pop Tarts split over 2 breakfasts sometime this week. Besides that I'm going to try to stick with that plan a second week.

Everything is still clicking pretty well. Exercising more than I dreamed I ever could consistently, generally eating well (and always better than I did before this month!), and continual support from all of you, on- and off-blog, well, it's just been an amazing month so far. I'm sorry I've been bad about replying to some emails - I promise I will get back to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment