What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Food Log June 21, 2009

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with turkey and parmesan and a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter
Morning Snack: 1 dark chocolate cherry granola bar and 2 bits of sample chocolate at HEB
Lunch: Nutrisystem toasted ham and cheese pocket, 1 chocolate chunk granola bar, and 3/4 of an apple (the other quarter had a deep ugly bruise)
Afternoon Snack: a small buttered popcorn at the theater
Dinner: salad of greens, carrots, almonds with fat-free Raspberry Pecan dressing, a banana, and 2 white cheddar rice cakes
Desset: 2 stolen fettucine noodles from a cream-sauce dish
Liquid Refreshment: 4 glasses of water, a large Coke Zero at the theater, and a can of Coke Zero

Note 1: I also stole a tortilla chip with queso after dinner Friday night. Wasn't sure the best way to log it since I forgot that day, but wanted to mention it to keep myself honest.
Note 2: Sometime last week I switched from regular extra-chunky peanut butter to low fat chunky, both Jif products.

Buttered popcorn eaten one kernel at a time is another sublime pleasure. Speaking of pleasure, I couldn't find the individually-wrapped Pop-Tarts but I will find some way to get them soon.

1 comment:

  1. we should have the conversation about "just peanuts" vs. "sweet" peanut butter sometime if we haven't already...I have yet to meet someone without a passionate opinion on the issue.

    ReplyDelete