What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Short and Long of It

Yesterday I had to go buy a new belt. Told them I had been a size 52 and need the next-lower size, and so I bought a 46-48 belt (apparently 50-52 is a belt size - you'd think I'd know these things when I buy them, but the extent of my ignorance is yet to be revealed). Went into the dressing room to swap belts (yes, the need is that immediate!), and it was at least 3 inches short from the ends meeting. That's when I looked at the old belt, and realized it was a 54-56. Ouch. So I went sheepishly back to the salesman with a 50-52 belt, and he started ringing up an exchange. "Nope," I stopped him, "I'll need the first one too." The 2 guys behind the register smiled agreeably and skeptically. And my next belt story won't have to involve buying one. I'm already on the 3rd of 7 notches on this one, so hopefully it won't be long.

Did I tell the whole story just to point out that I've already outshrunk a belt? Probably.

1 comment: