What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Exercise Log June 8, 2009

Walked 3.5 miles with Andy outside.

Yeah, I said outside.  In 7PM Texas heat.  That kinda outside.  It also made me appreciate the rec center track's walking surface, but the company more than made up for it.

4 comments:

  1. Alright - so tomorrow is my night off from putting the kids down and I am determined to take my butt to the gym for a workout!! So, I will be looking for your excercise post tomorrow and will make my own report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, that was from Alyssa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Chuckie, I am not sure if I should thank you or be mad at you but I have now given up 1 hr of sleep in the mornings to do cardio and given up my Friday/Sunday nights to play soccer. Your motivation and enthusiasm have got me off my butt as I have been "meaning" to start doing cardio for the last 2 months but never got myself up to it (seems like work)

    Since soccer has been taking its toll on my knees I went swimming today and yesterday morning and plan to do so on Thurs/Fri (have soccer practice and volleyball on Wednesday night).

    Right now I am the slowest in the pool and there is group of elderly people who are currently swimming laps around me (Yes, it is pretty funny, you can keep laughing). The only thing that might be more embarrassing is being stuffed in b-ball by a dude that has only one arm....

    so if the legs give out on you, I would recommend a swim in a local pool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa, how'd it go?

    Trevor, it scares me to think of you exercising more. Gonna lose your shadow. If it helps, the old people not only lap me on the walking track, they're also listening to iPods as I read magazines, so I think they've outhipped me as well. To no one's surprise.

    ReplyDelete