What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Exercise Log June 15, 2009

Walked 4 miles in an hour at the rec center while finishing my Science News and starting last week's Stephen Colbert-edited (seriously!) Newsweek.

It's not as cool as buying a new belt, but I did have to retie my exercise shorts tighter. Signs of progress are fun. :-) And the shins didn't hurt - I did do some stretching beforehand, so I hope it helped.

Another good feeling tonight - I'm planning tomorrow to bike in the morning. It's cooler, and will free up the rest of my schedule. So coming home from work I figured I wouldn't walk tonight to save myself for tomorrow. But that didn't feel right, so I decided to walk to the mailbox. That didn't feel right, either, so I headed to the Rec Center ready to stop whenever I felt like it. Next thing I knew, an hour and four miles had passed. I still haven't experienced exercise feeling "good," but I'll call this an interesting new experience.

3 comments:

  1. I'm stoked by your progress. Keep up the great work!

    Funny how new habits can become addictive, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having dealt with shin splints before and from my research and talking to a lot of people that run marathons, triathalons, ironmans, they cant stress enough

    SHOES SHOES SHOES SHOES SHOES are the best thing to help your shins, then stretching. if things get really bad icing them down helps as well.

    sorry if this is a repeat from before, can not remember if i posted it or not

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haven't posted it before, Trevor, but I think you told me this last time I started walking regularly. I plan to get the new shoes soon.

    ReplyDelete