What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Food Log June 8, 2009

Breakfast: whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a banana
Morning Snack: granola bar
Lunch: Lean Cuisine lasagna plus a bite-sized Mr. Goodbar
Afternoon Snack: carrots w/2 Mr.Goodbars
Dinner: Turkey Tom on wheat bread from Jimmy John's
Evening Snack: 4 small tortilla chips dipped in queso plus a granola bar
Liquid Refreshment: 8 glasses of water plus a swig of Diet Coke

The granola bar was to take my medications.  I bought rice cakes for this eventuality in the future (big food, little calories/carbs) when it's just Metformin, but for a couple more days, I'm on another drug that requires a bit more food.  I think it might sink my morning weight/blood sugar, but it was necessary.

Today was the first hard day for eating.  Really wanted an extra snack this afternoon - 2 tiny Mr. Goodbars is better than I normally have snacked at the office - and almost bought a second sandwich at dinner.  On the plus side, I can't remember the last time I resisted that kind of craving, so I'm still loving the momentum.  Bought some apples tonight to provide a tastier snack for the rest of the week at work - got the ones with extra fiber too, in case that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment