What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The First Skip Day (warning: introspection ahead)

Yeah I took off running dietwise on Thursday. Almost didn't post the food log for the day (an especial thanks to my wife for getting me to do what I should) cuz it ain't pretty. Lunch wasn't bad although I easily could have stopped at 1 breadstick. As Micha told me not to blame her for taking the third breadstick, I figured I should blame her publicly - I hope everyone agrees.

That night, my eating just grabbed momentum and rolled on. Went for what I wanted, stomach was full, I just wanted more. My mind was weirdly split - I was enjoying it all (very tasty!) but knew I shouldn't. I know which side won for that night.

There are some definite silver linings that I also want to keep in mind. 1) It was a pretty heavy meal + 2 desserts, but I did stop after the Drumstick - no snacks or anything afterwards. There were a lot of nights in the past I didn't stop there. 2) I don't think the day as a whole was much worse than my normal days - the snacks were pretty light, and 3 breadsticks with alfredo is less than my normal Olive Garden meal. 3) Yeah I re-gained 4 pounds and my blood sugar spiked, but it was still way down from where I started. This isn't the kind of day I want to be a normal skip day, but it's nice to see how much progress I've made regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment