What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Reassurance

Wow.  In the last 24 hours, I've heard from 24 people (sorry to those of you who had problems with the blog comments) offering 1 additional challenge, 6 offers to exercise together, combined pledges of $4/pound + assorted books (for me!) for meeting each monthly goal, and a ton of advice and encouragement.

I did want to reassure everyone that the goal of this plan is health, not just weight loss.  I will not be starving myself, trying any weird/unsustainable diets, or pushing myself too hard exercising.  My dietary plan is to eat less and avoid bad stuff most of the time.  Try to get in 5 servings of fruits and veggies each day, drink lots of water, and keep away from the unhealthy snacks that I'm so good at finding.  I won't be perfect (there's not much point in living another 50 years without any Slurpees, but they will be rare), but I'll be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment