What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Food Log June 4, 2009

Breakfast: bacon breakfast taco - I've done well enough to enjoy work's Taco Thursday
Morning Snack: memories of the glorious breakfast taco
Lunch: peanut butter sandwich and banana and a bite-sized Mr. Goodbar
Afternoon Snack: a mix of celery, carrots, and apple
Dinner: 1/2 Chili's turkey sandwich and salad, and a few of the fries they accidentally gave me
Evening Snack: no need
Liquid Refreshment: 4 glasses of water plus 2 Coke Zero's (will work on more water tomorrow!)

2 comments:

  1. Are you drinking any milk? It's a great protein source and healthy. If you're lactose intoerance I put a little chocolate in the milk because I hate the taste.

    And on the weight -I lost four POUNDS in one day, while on near bedrest. Daily weight is a joke.

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never liked milk. Love dairy foods (part of my existing problem), but never liked milk. I like the idea of spiking it with chocolate for protein though - might try that.

    Daily weight probably is a joke, but the first seven days were funny to me. :-) Also, I really like overanalyzing numbers (to no one's surprise, I already have a spreadsheet built for this effort), and the more numbers, the more fun for me. My tentative plan as of today is to go daily for a month to see if I can spot any patterns related to specific foods, time of exercise and meals, etc. If it gets at all demoralizing, I will cut back to 2-3 times a week.

    Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete