What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Weigh-In July 3, 2009

338.2 pounds
Incremental Loss: .1 pounds
Monthly Loss: 1.4 pounds
Total Loss: 22.6 pounds

This is the happy ending. Not much of an improvement, but I still lost .1 pounds. And my blood sugar, despite last night's sugar binge, was only 117 (up from 97 the day before). Not that it justifies my behavior yesterday, but it's nice to see the stickiness of weight and glucose keeps me from bouncing up as much as it keeps me from plummeting down. If I'm gonna whine about the negative effects, I'll also enjoy the positive (well I'll try to).

Another note - I'm not tracking the blood sugar on here, but I've been below 130 since June 16, and below 120 since June 21. My average since June 1 is only 137 (I was above 200 the first couple of days), and the average since June 16 is 117. There's been no number more encouraging to me than that - I hope it will turn into a reduction in my medication after my next round of bloodwork in August.

1 comment:

  1. ...and boom goes the dynamite.

    Keep it up, man. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete