What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weeks #7 and 8 In Review

Pounds Gained: 3.4
Miles Walked: 18
Miles Biked: 8
Hours of Basketball Played: 1
Amount Lost for the Buffaloe Scholarship: $9.70 ($620.30 total)

It's been a weird couple of weeks, with some other work and personal stuff affecting my mood and discipline. Can't really blame anything externally, though - my discipline's really slipped further with the eating. I feel like exercise has held pretty steady, though, which I am proud of. I actually just signed up for 8 yoga classes in August to add something new. I also picked up some different stuff at the grocery store - pre-cooked microwaveable stuff that might spice up my meals a bit.

Another huge round of thanks to people who have been so helpful - Alyssa for teaching me to cook nutburgers, Scott for helping with exercises, and stretching, so many people willing to walk with me, and all of the encouragement from all of you. It's really made a difference to have people to lean on through this project.

A little administrative note - July will end on the morning of July 31 instead of the morning of August 1. That's a flat-out cheat to allow me to celebrate my birthday however I feel like it on Friday and not have it impact a major measurement like the end of the month. I feel like I have a chance to have lost 10 pounds in July, but am not banking on it. My main priority is staying about where I am today so I've gone 25 pounds total.

No comments:

Post a Comment