What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Exercise Log July 31, 2009

Biked 4.5 miles to the Rec Center and back, where I walked 2.5 miles in 45 minutes. Couldn't get much walking speed, but I think that's understandable based on recent activity.

When I first bought my bike in mid-May, this was the plan - to not drive to the gym, which was ironic on so many levels. I tried it the first day I had it (pre-BLP program), and I had to walk it part of the way there, and stop to rest several times on the way back. Today I zipped along, and I ended up walking it a little because I took a wrong turn and ended up going uphill over a damp field, but it was amazing how easily I could do so much more. And that after playing basketball last night for longer than I ever used to be able to. That feels good, very good.

1 comment:

  1. It is addicting, isn't it? :-p That is totally awesome. I can't wait until the weather cools down so we can all bike more - I love biking..

    Hey, when are we cooking again??

    ReplyDelete