What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week #6 In Review

Pounds Lost: 6.2
Miles Walked: 15
Miles Biked: 11
Games Bowled: 2
Amount Raised for the Buffaloe Scholarship: $131 ($630 total)

A beautifully plummeting kind of week. I don't know exactly what to think, but I have a feeling there could be a rebound that will see me slightly gain weight this week. Maybe I'll be wrong - I hope so.

I'm trying some things this week by pre-cooking chicken tonight and using some store-bought trail mix to add a little protein and variety to ye olde diet. We'll see if it works - I definitely need to avoid having quite so many meals at restaurants.

I also want to up the workouts a bit. The last 2 mornings have been good hours outdoors, but I'd like to increase my strength as well as my endurance, so might add some repeated uphill segments to the bike rides and look for other opportunities. Hopefully some basketball if my Thursday nights ever open up (not this week), and eventually even racquetball again.

In the Woot! Celebrate! category, I tried on my suit pants, whose waistline in September couldn't even meet up around me. They fit. And that's just cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment