What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

June In Review

Seems like a good time to take stock.

In June I:
--Lost 21.2 pounds, or 5.9% of my body weight
--Saw the 330s for the first time at least since I got married (the last time I really checked weight was trying to be a better fiance/husband)
--Lost 3.7 pounds in a single day (twice!)
--Gained 3.9 pounds in a single day (must ... keep ... humility) (or find it to begin with)
--Dropped my fasting blood sugar by 53%
--Bought a new belt, and another to shrink into

--Walked 73 miles
--Got a gold star at the gym for my walking
--Biked 16.5 miles
--Bowled 2 games (OK not everything on this list is impressive)
--Worked out 25 times, at least 5 times each week
--Saw the sun rise

--Raised $449 for the Judy Buffaloe Memorial Scholarship with pledges of about $2600 when I hit 75 pounds

--Started this blog, and kept up with it every day
--Got 73 comments from and exchanged an additional 77 emails with supportive readers like you

--Ate 1 burger
--Ate 9 partial servings of fried side dishes (cheese sticks, fries, etc)
--Ate 49 chocolate treats
--Ate 56 servings of vegetables
--Ate 49 servings of fruits
--Ate 15 turkey sandwiches
--Ate 78 pieces of bread
--Ate 22 servings of peanut butter
--Ate 17 salads
--Ate 12 frozen dinners
--Drank 161 glasses of water
--Drank 44 sodas
--Bought 20 meals from restaurants

No comments:

Post a Comment