What This Blog Is All About

I need to be healthier. Badly. Individual efforts have not sufficed, so I'm hoping the support of friends, family, and anyone who happens along this blog can help me along.


For a fuller description of what I'm doing and how people can help, click here to read my first post.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Review to Date (through Week 10)

I've fallen off the review wagon a bit, so here's kind of a sum-up. I'll try to get better about weekly updates.

Total Pounds Lost: 27.9 pounds (4.4 pounds off my best, but still 7.73% off the original and my 5th-best day)
Total Days with Workout: 57 out of 69 days, encompassing 150.5 miles walked, 62 miles biked, 2 evenings of basketball, 2 yoga classes, and 2 bowling outings
Amount Raised for the Buffaloe Scholarship: $667.90

A few years ago, either on my 29th or 30th birthday, I set an internal goal of losing 30 pounds by the next birthday. I could never even get started as the goal just seemed too big (and I obviously failed to start a blog). This summer I lost it in 2 months, and that's just cool. It's still amazing me how much I can do if I just push a little bit. Even though my eating's not as good as it initially was, the activity is still a huge gain this summer.

Also, if I may be permitted to brag, I just got the results from my blood work taken on Wed July 29 (comparisons from a mid-May set of tests).
Glucose (expected 65-100, I've been told 90-130): 129, down from 188
Hemoglobin A1C (long-term average blood sugar measure, expected 4.0-6.0): 5.5, down from 8.1
Triglycerides (cholesterol-type chemical, expected under 150): 148

That feels incredibly good. It accomplishes a tremendous part of the goal for this effort, although I still want to push all the numbers further down.

No comments:

Post a Comment